LastOneDown FPV Vario design for ultimate long range, long endurance FPV flying
Ever wanted to fly ultra long range, long endurance FPV and wondering how you going to deal with the battery capacity? L1D Vario is the answer!
The LastOneDown (L1D) high performence acoustic Vario will help you use thermals to keep your glider in the air longer while flying FPV. It will also keep an eye on the status of your main battery pack. Eagles are the masters of thermaling. With the L1D Vario you can maximize flight times without using your throttle stick to push forward to the ultimate long range long endurance FPV flying!! Challenge your friends for last one down!!
Long Endurance FPV, Long Range FPV
- A variometer will improve the ‘feel’ for your aircraft and help you thermal to gain altitude without using your motor (therefore saving battery)
- It is an incredibly rewarding experience to gain altitude without your throttle stick. Warning: You will be hooked!
- It is the only easy and reliable product for soaring in FPV
- Works best with glider type aircrafts (EasyGlider, Raiden, Cularis) but also with other foamies (e.g. EasyStar, Zagi, etc)
FPV in a safer way
- Keep your eyes on the sky! Acoustic feedback will not disturb your view or focus.
- The L1D works with your FPV gear: low power consumption and no additional transmission unit
- Stalling or inefficient turns are punished instantly by acoustic feedback. Learn how to control your plane in the safest and most efficient manner!
- Audio feedback on your rate of descent will allow you to approach andland more safely, augmenting the missing depth perception from your video feed.
OSD Built-in GPS Module VS L1D Vario
- With one compact unit you get all the information you need: climb & sink-speed and battery status.
- The latest OSDs have visual varios that detect at best 1m deviations at 5-10Hz refresh rate. The L1D Vario detects 10cm deviations at 60Hz. This gives you 30x better performance.
- Comparable stand-alone variometers are available, but require additional transmission channels, power management and ground receiver stations. They are priced at 400 EUR (600 USD) upwards. Utilize your existing FPV infrastructure and save money, weight and space.
- Unlike OSDs or stand-alone solutions, the L1D does not clutter your field of view or get on your nerves. The volume is adjustable and the vario can be turned on/off using a separate R/C channel or the throttle channel (Y connection)
Installation of the L1D Variometer is extremely straight forward. Hook the PWR up to your battery pack (2S – 4S) and connect it to your Video Transmitter on the TX output. Optionally you can connect a microphone to the variometer on the MIC input. All the wires are supplied.
What you get
The basic kit contains the Vario, an external speaker, and all cables required for any installation scenario.
Required / recommended components (not included!)
- Audio/Video receiver and transmitter required
- On board microphone or Camera with builtin audio device recommended